supporting staff as they do what they do best…
“You’ll find yourself feeling purposeful if you can find a way to always be in the service of others.” Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
WHO VOLUNTEERS AT OAKLAND FAMILY SERVICES?
When you decide to join the Oakland Family Services Volunteer Corps we will teach you, challenge you, and acquaint you with new experiences and ideas. We will introduce you to new people, provide orientation, training and supervision. But most of all, we will appreciate you for your generous contribution of time and talent for helping children and families in need.
NOVEMBER 2015 VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES:
- Tuesday, Nov. 10, 9:30 a.m.: Oakland Family Services needs your help to prepare the annual Holiday Appeal, which raises money to support the work the agency does in the community. Join us and help personalize, stuff, seal, and label the mailing.
- Saturday, Nov. 21, 10 a.m.-2 p.m.: Childcare assistance for Foster Parent Training Session.
- Tuesday, Nov. 24, 9:30 a.m.: Help assemble Thanksgiving Baskets for our neediest families.
- Ongoing: Classroom assistance at both our Walled Lake and Pontiac preschool.
OPPORTUNITIES TO VOLUNTEER IN PROGRAMS:
- Child care assistance during family night events, parent advisory board meetings, playgroups, foster care support groups, Parents as Teachers ‘Parent Café’
- Ongoing story time readers in the Children’s Learning Center
- Playground assistance
NON-PROGRAM OPPORTUNITIES TO VOLUNTEER:
There is no questioning the importance of program needs being met by our staff and volunteers. However, our internal needs go deep as well. Because of our devotion and time constraints, there is often not time to attend to the additional needs and/or requirements of staff, agency and ourselves. We are looking for quality individuals who have an interest in one or more of the following non-program opportunities.
|Ongoing, varying needs in all departments and programs!
Special Events/Annual Events/Ongoing Events
HOW DO I FIND OUT MORE ABOUT THE OAKLAND FAMILY SERVICES VOLUNTEER CORPS?
If you are interested in exploring any of these challenging and exciting opportunities, please feel free to contact: