getting yourself involved
When you decide to join the Oakland Family Services Volunteer Corps, we will teach you, challenge you, and acquaint you with new experiences and ideas. We will introduce you to new people, provide orientation, training and supervision. But most of all, we will appreciate you for your generous contribution of time and talent for helping children and families in need.
“You’ll find yourself feeling purposeful if you can find a way to always be in the service of others.”
Dr. Wayne W. Dyer
- People with a diversity of interests and desires.
- People with talents, expertise, an education, employment and personal skills.
- People just like yourself - busy people with families, careers and other responsibilities.
OPPORTUNITIES TO VOLUNTEER
- Childcare assistance during family night events, parent advisory board meetings, playgroups, foster care support groups, Parents As Teachers Parent Café
- Ongoing storytime readers in the Children’s Learning Center
- Playground and classroom assistance in our Children's Learning Center
There is no questioning the importance of program needs being met by our staff and volunteers. However, our internal needs go deep as well. Because of our devotion and time constraints, there is often not time to attend to the additional needs and/or requirements of staff, agency and ourselves. We are looking for quality individuals who have an interest in one or more of the following non-program opportunities.
Ongoing Needs in Departments
- Become an Ambassador of Oakland Family Services
- Clerical/office/administrative support
- Maintenance/construction support
- Landscaping and site beautification
- Thanksgiving dinner baskets
- Guy Gordon Golf Classic for Kids
- Interview skills
- Resume building
- Nutrition on a budget
- Makeup/skin care (products not available)
To volunteer at Oakland Family Services, contact Valerie Mercadante at (248) 858-7766 ext. 1218 or email@example.com.